dito is a 2.0 Plattform for e-participation. Its origins root back to the mid 90ies, when researchers at Fraunhofer IAIS / former GMD started the development of a decsion support system for large groups. You will find many publications on the dito predecessor 'zeno'
- Improve e-participation processes by enriching the discussion with relevant contextual information from knowledge data bases
- Discover implicit information and connections, navigate across data boundaries
- Boost the interest of users and decision makers by extracting relevant information and relations
- Break down unstructured silos of data in a structured and linked data cloud
- Linked open data - provide semantic endpoints to promote interoperability and transparency according to Open Government directives.